I have some not so good news. After waiting 6 days, Luke and I FINALLY heard back on our offer to rent a home. The landlord apparently had another offer on the table in which he was obligated to accept. Or something. I don't really understand all of the details, but Luke and I were so so so frustrated. If you remember back in August (here and here) when we did our hunt in Aberdeen, we did not get our first offer then either.
So, after having our minds set, we had to rethink the options. We had back-ups but they just didn't seem good enough especially after being excited about one particular place for 6 days. Well, we agreed on our second option. When we heard back from the leasing agent on this one, we were told the place is no longer available. I mean, seriously?!?
Well it has been a full week since we looked at all of these homes. They go quick, so it doesn't surprise me that they are taken. But it also wouldn't surprise me if a whole new set of options is now available. So Luke and I are going to go for a third day of searching on Monday. We really don't want to... it's exhausting... Luke has to be gone from work again... The stress is already at the highest point and this is not helping.
Anyway, since I have already written and typed up the House Hunters International post, I will post it tomorrow, so you can see our options. And you get to decide which two we tried for! I will reveal our first and second choice after posting the top three homes. And hopefully at that time we will have found the home that we are meant to live in... Everything happens for a reason, right?
Debbie is too tired/exhausted/stressed to look up a new random fact. Sorry.