Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Our London Temporary Flat

Hello, there! I invite you take a tour of our temporary flat in Wimbledon! Come on in and don't worry about taking off your shoes because I wont be cleaning up your mess as I have a cleaning service to do that for me. I love this place!

Seriously though... Luke and I picked up the keys a few days ago and right away, we both said, "Uh, can we just live here?" No joke that this place is better than the place we have put an offer on. Well, maybe. It is actually VERY VERY similar to the place we chose. Hopefully, I can reveal that place soon! Until then, I am showing our temporary flat.

First of all, this place is in a FANTASTIC location! So let's see, according to WalkIt.com, it takes 3 min to walk to the train station, 2 min to the grocery store, 2 min to the dry cleaners, 2 min to the gym, literally go downstairs to the doctor, 4 min to the post office, and 3 min to the mall. Yup, that is all walking! Seriously!great!location! So let's begin the tour! Please excuse our mess laying around.

Entry Hall (master bedroom directly in front)
Master Bedroom (with two closets) with Ensuite Bathroom
Hallway (guest bathroom on left, guest bedroom on right, living areas in front)
Guest Bathroom
Guest Bedroom (with closet)
Living Room
Dining Room
Kitchen (equipped with a dishwasher!, full fridge/freezer, microwave, gas stove and washer-dryer)
Balcony that looks out onto a courtyard and other flats' windows
See that red thing in the middle in that last picture? Yep, that's a train, a moving train that is. Which brings me to some negative points of this place. There has to be some, right?
1.) The train doesn't bother me one bit. During the day, the train goes by every few minutes, sometimes even seconds. But to be honest, it really isn't very loud. It sounds like a car. And every home has cars that drive by, right? The trains are actually very quiet, they don't screech like freight trains. We slept with the window open last night, and it didn't bother me one bit. And we all know that I am a very high maintenance and light sleeper.
2.) When I am home alone, I rarely shut the door when I use the bathroom. Yes, maybe a little TMI here, but I have to say that to make my point. So I was in the ensuite bathroom and out the door to the bathroom is the window of the bedroom which looks directly at windows of other flats. Long story short, it is very important to close the door when showering.
3.) The guest bathroom door has a huge gap (like half an inch) when the door is closed. The frame is too big for the door so any creeper (like James Austin, hehe) would look in through the hole. All other peeps would probably just mind their business, no big deal.
4.) The place is hot! Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit. Like I said before, we slept with the window open last night. I have all of the radiators turned off, and I still need to open some windows. This is the complete opposite of the home we came from where we had to crank all radiators as high as possible, and we were still bundled in sweatpants and blankets.
5.) Lastly, I'm going to keep my mouth shut about the combo washer-dryer.

Trust me when I say that these negative points are in no way things I couldn't live with. Train? Doesn't bother me. Privacy in bathroom? Just shut the door. Gap in doorway? No one (except James Austin) will look. Temperature too hot? Open the windows. Combo W/D? I've accepted this devil of an appliance as my new clothes cleaner.

For the time being, we are more than happy with these living arrangements! Hopefully, I can show your our permanent home soon, but I don't want to jinx anything so stop asking about it! JK!

Have a happy hump day!

RANDOM FACT:
Wimbledon's railway station was built in 1838.

-Debbie-

2 comments:

  1. Sweet place! AND.. a guest bathroom? Cool. What's with the glass window separating the kitchen and lounge? Guess it's to keep the rest of the place from smelling like whatever you are cooking... does it open?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys are getting a great introduction to your new city. Hope you have some good news soon about your permanent digs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...