Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Non-Stop Action

A few weeks ago, I spoke with an current expat in Aberdeen. She advised me to spend time with my family before I leave because it will be harder on them than it will be on me. Well I am definitely doing just that.

We moved out of our house on July 3rd, but our flight to Aberdeen is not until July 25th. Luke went offshore for his last two week hitch on July 5th (his 30th birthday). So, I would go no where else to live for three weeks but Houston. Whether Becca and Eric liked it, I planned to live in their spare bedroom until I left the country. Hopefully they don't mind.

Since leaving Covington, Luke and I spent July 4th in Jennings with his family. While there, we got to see some cousins that were visiting from out of town. It's been over a year since we saw them last. We also received a 30th birthday/going away gift... A super nice camera that we have been wanting to get for our future travels. We are thrilled to have it; I just hope we use it correctly and all of its capabilities! Oh and I hope we don't lose it or damage it!

On Luke's 30th birthday, we had the pleasure of waking up at 4am to head to the shore base. (If I haven't mentioned this in a previous post, Luke sold his 2002 Ford 150 so we are down to one vehicle) I have never been to the shore base before so I was not sure what to expect. Let's see... It took about 45min from Lafayette to get there. It was dark and foggy and the only cars on the road were heading in the same direction as us. We stopped at a gas station to get a bite for breakfast and a few other offshore workers were doing the same... all in the same attire. When we arrived, there were a few buildings for meetings, and there was the boat that transports Luke to his platform. It was exciting... NOT. But I did get to experience a small part of what Luke has been doing for the past year, so I look at it as a learning experience. From there, I drove toward Texas going through Kaplan and entering the interstate out of Crowley. Again, no one was on the road because it was 5:30am.

I drove to my folk's lake house in Coldspring, Texas while struggling to stay awake and arrived at 9:30am. I had already been up for about 6hrs at this point. Becca, Cooper and Zoey came a few hours later and the nonstop action began. Swimming, boating, playing, eating, drinking, drinking, drinking. Kids are exhausting, but I don't get enough of them and won't get enough of them for the next few years, so I play and play. Friday evening, Becca left and Eric arrived. Saturday night we watched a great fireworks show on the cove with prime seats on our upper deck. On Sunday, we packed up and went back to Houston.

Cooper and Zoey are waiting for the crew to get  ready/
We are ready!
Captain Cooper and the Co-Captain

It has been raining for the past few days and I have just been enjoying my niece and nephew and family. Luckily, I have been able to get up early enough to jog before it gets too hot. Let's hope that continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...