Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Egg Mayo Sammiches

Last Wednesday was a terrible terrible day. I woke up in the morning, opened the blinds and BAM! Snow!
And just like always, there was a line of traffic in the street because people.do.not.know.how.to.drive.in.thesnow. Just like how people.do.not.know.how.to.drive.in.therain. But that's a whole other blog post...

Anyway, the day went a little something like this:
Inside Debbie's head: "I was going to go to the AWA meeting, but I ain't walkin' in this."
Inside Debbie's head: "I will go to the gym in a little while."
an hour passes...
Inside Debbie's head: "I ain't drivin' in this."
Inside Debbie's head: "I will walk to the gym."
a few minutes pass...
Inside Debbie's head: "I ain't walkin' in this."
Inside Debbie's head: "I will wait it out and then jog outside."
an hour passes...
Inside Debbie's head: "I ain't joggin' in this."
Inside Debbie's head: "I will make Egg Mayo instead."
By the way, it was really awkward when that guy walked by and I was videoing him. And raise your hand if you just watched the same video 4 times.
The purpose of Egg Mayo was for lent. I have found that I am starving all day long on Friday's due to this "no meat" rule. And then I stuff my face with meat on Saturday's. A fellow expat told me to boil eggs and also eat avocado. So, that suggestion turned into Egg Mayo for the week.

Egg Mayo Sammiches

Total Time: 20 minutes (includes egg boiling time)
Servings: approx. 6 sammiches

Ingredients:
6 eggs, hard boiled, sliced into pieces
3 tbsp chopped red onion
6 tbsp mayo, or until moist enough
1 tsp dijon mustard 
pepper, to taste
Tony's, to taste

Method: it's a difficult one y'all
Mix it all together and season to your liking. Toast some bread. Smother the egg mayo onto the bread.
At first I didn't think it was enough onion, but it was plenty. I also added avocado slices to my sammich and considered adding cheese, but did not. And being the classy lady that I am, I cut my sammich into triangles and ate it on a paper plate. I believe that is how the Queen does it! And I may or may not have eaten a little bit more "Luke Buisson style" after finishing my sammich.

When I was finished, I felt the need to eat more since I did not do a single minute of exercise previously other than stirring eggs and mayo together. So I sliced up some apple and put what totaled probably a cup of peanut butter on it. For my sister, check out Tanvi's blog on making Almond Butter to use on apple slices.
After that was all done, I looked outside and saw sunshine out the wahzoo!
And sure enough it, stayed that way for the rest of the day while I sat on the couch in an egg, mayo, and peanut butter coma. Like I said in the beginning, it was a terrible terrible day. Only in Aberdeen, Scotland can weather be this confusing!

RANDOM FACT:
In Aberdeen, eggs are brown. The yolks are a darker orange color, the shell is more difficult to crack, and you buy them at room temperature.

-Debbie-

Today, I have linked up with Alissa at 33 Shades of Green for Tasty Tuesday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...