Sunday, March 17, 2013

Patty vs. Paddy

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I did not wear green. I did not even drink any beer. Apparently this 30 year old has lost her swag. Yeah, thats right! I just said swag!

What's the purpose for my special Sunday post? Two reasons!
1.) I am using the blogger app to write and make this post which I have never done before! And since this is a short post, I thought it would be a good time to try it out.
2.) I got distracted while on the Internet earlier (who doesn't get distracted while on the Internet?) and decided to look up the difference between Patty and Paddy when it comes to this Irish holiday. So I felt obligated to share that info with you in case you use the wrong term in front of an Irishman.

I did a little research and found a website (www.paddynotpatty.com) which is kinda funny and distinguishes between the two names and also clears up a few more things related to my Island neighbor. Definitely check it out!

Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! Hope it was a fun day!

RANDOM FACT:
St. Patrick's Day was observed on April 3 in 1940 and on March 14 in 2008 because it coincided with Holy Week. This will not happen again until 2160.

-Debbie-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...