Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Are you a No-Reply Commenter?

I feel like I'm losing weight just sitting on my couch. It is 80+ degrees here in London and it ain't going down. IN.SANE! I live in an area where air conditioning is a HUGE luxury and pretty much ridiculous 85% of the year. It is really difficult to get my butt in the shower everyday. I know that is so gross, but a shower means more heat which means more sweating which leads to needing another shower. So why shower in the first place? Because it's disgusting? Eh.

My sister and brother-in-law are visiting for a week starting THIS Thursday (yay yay yay yay yay happy dance!), and I went out in search of a fan yesterday. I think I went to 7 stores... although most of the stores don't sell fans in general... the only "everything" store in the UK is Asda. That was a couple bus rides away so I opted for a bit more exercise walking around looking for a store that had one in stock. Finally, I found one! And I built it all by myself this morning. So proud of me! Luke was not as impressed.

Anyway, while I am super busy getting ready for our upcoming visitors, I am FINALLY uploading and updating the "Pictures from 2013" page. If you are bored out of your mind, you can check out some of the pictures on there.

Last but not least, I found out a few weeks ago that I was a "No-Reply" commenter (<-- commenter is a word, right?). Basically, each time I commented on someone's blog, if they wanted to write me back, they couldn't. So if I asked a blogger a question on their blog, they couldn't reply to me and answer it. Total bummer especially if I had a question about a recipe. So I fixed it. If you go to this website here (there are many other sites out there for a similar tutorial as well), you can check to see if you are also a "No-Reply" commenter. It's super nice because each time one of you comments on my blog, I get an email telling me you have done so and I can write you back. Doesn't that sound great!??? I think so :-)

Happy Tuesday!!!    

Stayed tuned for our trip to Stockholm (aka the place where Luke and I are hoping to have a summer vacation home someday!)

7 comments:

  1. Well, Luke doesn't realize what a fete that was. Just don't pay any attention to him! I'm proud of you anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! And I did it before 7:30am and before I finished my first cup of coffee.

      Delete
  2. Isn't Stockholm wonderful! I loved it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fans?. B&Q,Tesco Extra,Currys,Argos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I tried most of those places. Argos was completely sold out! And I don't have a B&Q within walking distance... same situation as Asda. Thanks or the recommendations! Hopefully the two I have stay with us through this heat and don't burn up!

      Delete
  4. Yay! You're no longer a no reply blogger!! I love being able to write back and my readers get a personal response from me.

    It was 83 degree's here in Glasgow last week and I thought I was going to die. I've been living in Scotland for over 5 yrs now and I have acclimated. I'm just not used to the heat. But, I love it. I will never wish it away. I just won't do it. ARGOS is the superstore! They have so much more than you think. Especially since it is a warehouse instead of a shop. They'll have fans! Or you can order one. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...