Monday, August 13, 2012

Zucchini Crust Pizza

Actual date of this event: primarily 9 Aug thru 12 Aug

HOME UPDATE: We are waiting to sign the lease. Once we do, I will finally post HH International!

On Thursday evening, I had planned to make a Zucchini Crust Pizza. I had gone to the store earlier that day and purchased all of the ingredients needed. That evening, Luke came home and said he wanted to go out to dinner because the next day was his Friday off, and he was "in the mood to booze a little". Not a big deal, I can do my pizza later. For dinner, we went to a Thai restaurant called Sabai which is supposed to be one of the better Thai restaurants. We have heard Aberdeen has great Thai, so we figured it was time to give it a shot. We drank 660mL Singha beers, which I would not normally order, but I swear this place had the heater on because I was burning up and needed a cool down! I have learned very quickly that the servers dont come back to fill up your water very often, so it is necessary for Luke and I to get as much liquid on the table as possible when we eat out. And dont forget, there are no free refills on soft drinks. Luke ordered a "1 chili" dish, which included some jalapenos... a bit spicy but all of the food ended up being pretty good. We didnt care for the service because we felt we were being rushed to order and this was not an easy menu to choose from. After dinner, we hopped around to a few places for a drink. There are SO MANY places to go have a drink, so we are just making the rounds until we find "our place".


Hydrangeas everywehere! Reminds me of our wedding :-)

On Friday morning, Luke and I went to a gym called David Lloyd's to sign up for membership. I think Luke would prefer I not speak about the gym since he is still a little bent out of shape over the cost. When we left the gym, it was time for ME TO DRIVE. It was a good time for me to do some practice since the traffic was light, and we were on our way to Costco which is the in the suburbs meaning wide roads. All went well, and I even drove to our friend, Laine's house. We were on our way to walk around on the beach front, so we picked her up on the way. It was another very nice day in Aberdeen; The sun was peaking out every once in a while. Laine and I even got ice cream for lunch.





On Friday night, a group of nine of us went to dinner at an Mediterranean/Italian place called Rustico's. Again, it felt like the heat was on in this place, but halfway through, we discovered they had closed the windows and... put. on. the. air. conditioner. Say what? After dinner, we headed to a brewery bar called Brewdog and had some pretty potent beers. We stayed for about two rounds and then made our way to a few more places... Illicit Still and another place of which I cant remember the name (uh oh). We were shuffled out of our last stop around 1am :-/


Yes, Coors Light in Aberdeen.

On Saturday, it was finally time for me to make my pizza! It did not go as well as I planned, but it was good enough. It was a "fork and knife" kind of pizza which bummed me out. Luke seemed to think it was fine, and I guess that it was matters, right? I adapted the recipe from here. I made two pizzas because I knew one was not enough. 1.) BBQ Chicken pizza: pan-grilled bbq glazed chicken pieces, red onion, bbq sauce with cheddar and mozzarella cheese. 2.) Margherita: pesto (couldnt not find a small package of basil at the store), tomato, mozzarella cheese. In the process, I had to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius because my oven is weird. While I enjoyed the Margherita more, Luke preferred the BBQ Chicken. We make such a great team! Both pizzas were about 10 inches around, and ended up being very filling. I was expecting to eat a whole one myself, but could only eat half. Luke ate a whole one but was extremely full afterward. I guess the zucchini is what did it. I cant wait until we move into our home and received our sea shipment because I am limited on my supplies, and I cant cook like I would like to. Soon!

I used 6 shredded zucchinis.
instead of pizza sauce
Purple garlic????
after baking the crust
The final product: Fork & Knife Pizza

Sunday morning we attended the AWA Brunch at the Creel Inn in Catterline. It was nice to chat with some friends and be able to meet a few more people. We had the option of choosing 2 or 3 courses: starter, dinner, dessert. I went  for all three because I could not cut one off the list. Crab Soup, Turbot with Scallops, Toffee Cheesecake. Yum! We took some beautiful pictures of the coast as we were leaving - it was another gorgeous day in Scotland!

This place was not easy to find.

Turbot & Scallops
Toffee Cheesecake with Banana Ice Cream

The North Sea

RANDOM FACT:
Cookies are called biscuits in the UK.

-Debbie-

1 comment:

  1. I am impressed with those culinary skills of yours, oh Lady of Leisure!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...